Auxiliary Nurse Theatre
Please submit your CV before 28 February 2018
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the theatre conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To provide the highest quality of service to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stock is correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurse’s station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Matric certificate or equivalent (Subjects to include Biology / Life Science AND Maths or Math Lit)
- Previous theatre experience would be an added advantage
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Proof of registration with S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
- Ability to do after hour call on a rotational basis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English)
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be neat and tidy according to our dress code.
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all theatre duties are performed
- Ensuring that responsibility is taken for all theatre instruments used and repacked via CSSD
- Flooring in theatre
- Maintaining standards
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the theatre
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code, staff employee manuals
This is not a job description but merely a guideline to facilitate recruitment.
Auxiliary Nurse Theatre