Chief Financial Officer
Board appointment to Hibiscus Hospital Holdings Limited
Please apply by 24 November 2017
Main purpose of the job:
- Form part of the Executive leadership team for Hibiscus Hospital Holdings Group
- Deliver timely and accurate financial and management accounts for the current as well as future new hospitals in the Hibiscus Private Hospital Group
- Set up the accounting systems and the control environment for newly developed Cato Ridge and Scottburgh Hospitals coming on line
- Prepare Financial Reports for Board meetings
- Co-ordinate the activities across the various hospital sites
- Run the budget and forecasting process
- Manage the treasury and insurance functions
- Driving improvements in financial control environment and drive profitability
- Manage the year end close and reporting requirements for the Annual Financial Statements
- Ensure compliance to Tax legislation
- Investigate investment opportunities for the business that are project based
- Running scenarios for tariff changes and other industry changes that affect the business
Registration as Chartered Accountant with SAICA.
- At least 5 years’ commercial experience in executive / senior financial management
- Experience in a hospital environment would be advantageous
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strength in managing strict financial controls and operational KPI’s
Applicable skills, knowledge, tools and techniques
- Computer Literacy
- Microsoft office (Excel, word, power point).
- Experience in hospital management software – Clinic Knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment
- Experience with good financial controls
- Ability to understand tariff changes within the medical and hospital industry and to respond to these changes
- Good Tax knowledge for Corporate and Employee Tax
Behavioral Traits (e.g. Interpersonal, attention to detail etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Based on independant national benchmarked salary structures for both guaranteed and variable packages.