ENROLLED NURSE ICU
Please submit your CV before Tuesday 31 October 2017
Permanent full-time position, with competitive package and health benefits.
• Ensuring that the ICU conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
• To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
• Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
• To ensure the smooth running of the nurse’s station.
• Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required:
• Matric certificate or equivalent. (Subjects must include Life Sciences / Biology and Maths).
• Previous ICU experience would be an added advantage.
• Private hospital experience would be an added advantage.
• Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required.
• Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
• Customer service focus & integrity.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English).
• Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
• To be punctual and reliable.
• To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code.
• To be able to work as part of a team player and to assist where necessary.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
Accountability and responsibility
• Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required.
• Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained.
• Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately.
• Ensuring that all ICU duties are performed.
• Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward.
• Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships.
• Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry.
• Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
• This is not a job description, but merely a guideline for Hibiscus Private Hospital to facilitate application.