Professional Nurse Infection Control
Please apply before 30 November 2017
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Maintain Infection Control standards and Practice in the Hospital
- Ensure Infection prevention activities including isolation, audits of files and wards
- Implementation of surveillance programs for monitoring of infections
- Compilation of monthly Infection Control reports to Management
- To capture Infection Control Data, to analyze such to identify infection trends and to take corrective actions including “In – Service” training.
- Structure infection control meetings on a monthly basis
- To execute our “Best Care Always” practice
- Update Hospital Policies and Guidelines as required
- Responsible for Staff Occupational Health
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Diploma / degree in general nursing science (Registered with SANC)
- Midwifery will be and added advantage
- Formal relevant qualification in Infection Control
- Experience in Infection Control required.
- Must be Computer literate
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (ability to speak and write English.) other languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner
- To be punctual and reliable
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility
- Infection Control Program.
- In-Service on recurring problems
- Solely responsible for assessing and validating Infection control procedures deemed crucial to quality Nursing Care
- Maintaining standards
- Internal patient and Doctor satisfaction
- Audit of patient files ensuring conformity to legislated standards
- Orientation of new nursing employees
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.