ENROLLED NURSE CASUALTY
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the Casualty conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurses station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Matric certificate. (Subjects to include Biology / Life Science AND Maths or Math Lit)
- Previous Casualty experience would be an added advantage
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal ndemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English)
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code.
- To be able to work as part of a team player and to assist where necessary.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all casualty duties are performed
- Maintaining standards
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward.
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
• Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code, staff employee manuals
• This is not a job description, but merely a guideline to facilitate application