Head of Department Maternity ward / NNICU
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To ensure that the Maternity Ward & NNICU is at all times efficiently managed and staffed conforming to all medic-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure that the quality of services are provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- All stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- Ensure that all ward equipment is in a good state of repair and serviced at regular intervals.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Professional Nurse with Midwifery / Advanced Midwifery required
- Post Basic Qualification in Nursing Management registered with the SANC required
- NNICU Diploma / Certificate required
- Minimum of 5 (five) years nursing experience in a Maternity Ward required
- Nursing experience in a NNICU required
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Managerial or supervisory qualities is recommended
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that ongoing in-service education is performed in the ward
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward
- Monitoring of all staffing requirements (off-duties, leave and sick leave, etc.)
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the Hospital Industry
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies,
- rules and regulations, disciplinary code, staff employee manuals
- This is not a job description, but merely a guideline to facilitate