Head of Department – Paediatrics
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To ensure that the ward is at all times efficiently managed and staffed conforming to all medic-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels provided to all participating Doctors, patient, staff and other stakeholders
- All stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- Ensure that all ward equipment is in good state of repair and serviced at regular intervals.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Diploma: General Nursing Science with Midwifery
- Post Basic Diploma In Nursing Management (SANC Registered)
- Minimum of 5 (five) years nursing experience with midwifery and any additional relevant certificates
- Previous HOD experience would be and added advantage
- Diploma/Experience in Paediatrics / Neo Natal will be an added advantage.
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Customer service Focus
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Ability to speak and write English) other languages would be and added advantage.
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
- Managerial or supervisory qualities is recommended.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility
- Meeting all the required outputs as stipulated by the Job Guidelines
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that on-going in-service education is performed in the ward
- Hospital call on a rotational basis
- Maintaining standards
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward
- Monitoring of all staffing requirements (off-duties, leave and sick leave, etc.)
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the Hospital Industry
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations disciplinary code, staff employee manuals
This is not a job description but merely a guideline to facilitate recruitment.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – PAEDIATRICS