MAINTENANCE – PLUMBER VACANCY
Permanent full-time position, with competitive package and health benefits.
Main purpose of the job:
- To ensure the efficient standards of the Hospital’s Maintenance Department is maintained, with the least inconvenience to our patients and staff.
- To be proactive in attending to problems and issues where necessary
- To attend to daily routine checks and procedural requirements.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Qualified plumber with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in plumbing
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring).
- Install and maintain water supply systems.
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks).
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Install and maintain liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, etc.)
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Must be able to see to general maintenance aspects, buildings & electrical
- Own transport essential with a valid driver’s license
- Must be prepared to do standby duties on a rotational basis
- Matric certificate / Grade 12 certificate essential
- Basic computer literacy essential
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
- Customer service focus
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that all urgent maintenance related issues are attended to or reported through to the Technical Manager.
Ensuring minimum disruption to patients whilst attending to maintenance issues
- Constantly monitoring day to day maintenance issues.
- Ensure that at all times work is carried out to the specifications instructed by the Technical Manager