PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV BEFORE FRIDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2018
Permanent full-time position, with competitive package and health benefits.
Main purpose of the job:
- To ensure the efficient standards of the Hospital’s Maintenance Department is maintained, with the least inconvenience to our patients and staff.
- To be proactive in attending to problems and issues where necessary
- To attend to daily routine checks and procedural requirements.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Qualified plumber with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in plumbing
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring).
- Install and maintain water supply systems.
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks).
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Install and maintain liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, etc.
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Must be able to see to general maintenance aspects, buildings & electrical
- Own transport essential with a valid driver’s license
- Must be prepared to do standby duties on a rotational basis
- Matric certificate / Grade 12 certificate essential
- Basic computer literacy essential
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
- Customer service focus
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that all urgent maintenance related issues are attended to or reported through to the Technical Manager.
- Ensuring minimum disruption to patients whilst attending to maintenance issues
- Constantly monitoring day to day maintenance issues.
- Ensure that at all times work is carried out to the specifications instructed by the Technical Manager
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), Hibiscus Private Hospital internal recruitment policy as well as their employment equity plans. The Hospital reserves the right not to make an appointment.