Professional Nurse Maternity Ward
Please submit your CV before 31 October 2017
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the maternity ward conforms to all medico-legal
- aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all
- participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and
- appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurses station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients,
- visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Matric certificate or equivalent.
- Midwifery trained is a requirement.
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage.
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels.
- Customer service focus.
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English) other languages would be an added advantage
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility.
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required.
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained.
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately.
- Ensuring that all ward duties are performed.
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward.
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships.
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry.
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code, staff employee manuals.
- This is not a job description but merely a guideline to facilitate recruitment.