PROFESSIONAL NURSE NNICU
Permanent full-time position, with a competitive package and health benefits.
- Ensuring that the ward conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurse’s station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.Main Purpose of the Job:
Education, experience and competencies required
- Grade 12 Certificate
- NNICU experience required
- NNICU qualification – 6 month certificate would be an added advantage
- Midwifery or Advanced Midwifery would be an added advantage
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Rotation as necessitated by operational requirements.
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English) other languages would be an added advantage
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner
- To be punctual and reliable
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
- To be able to work night duty when required and prepared to work in other departments on a rotational basis
Duties and responsibilities will include, but is not limited to the following:
Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all ward duties are performed
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the ward
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.