Professional Nurse Theatre – Scrub Sister
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the theatre conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the nurses station.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Theatre diploma or experience would be an added advantage
- Private hospital experience would be an added advantage
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C. and proof of personal indemnity is required
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Required to work flexible hours
- Required to do after hours call work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to speak and write English)
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be at all times neat and tidy in dress code
- To be able to work as part of a multi disciplinary team.
Involvement in the operation requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all theatre duties are performed
- Ensuring that responsibility is taken for all theatre instruments used and repacked via CSSD
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the theatre
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the hospital industry
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed
Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code, staff employee manuals.
This is not a job description, but merely a guideline to facilitate application